How to implement telemedicine for dry eye
- We review the necessary framework for implementing dry eye services using teleconsultation and telemonitoring
What contributes to severity of dry eye symptoms?
- The expressibility of the meibomian glands in eyelids are associated with dry eye symptoms. Independently, the amount of papillae in the lower conjunctival fornix is associated with dry eye symptoms.
Recirculating and memory T lymphocytes in human conjunctiva
- We found different subsets of T memory cells in the conjunctiva of dry eye patients, in 2 signatures
can lipids in the tears change after lid warming therapy?
- Before and after assessment of tear lipids, mass spectrometry, OAHFAs
The eye in rheumatoid arthritis
- Possible immunological correlates between ocular and systemic rheumatoid arthritis
- As dry eye is so common and pervasive, almost everyone will have encountered a friend or family member who suffers from it. This may be the 40 year old bank officer who has been compelled to change...
transglutaminase-2 hyperosmolarity and cell death
- Hyperosmolar induced cell death is an important issue as corneal epithelium is exposed to hyperosmolar stimulation in the common dry eye disease. We found that a ubiquitous protein, transglutaminas...
Epidemiology of meibomian gland dysfunction
- This is a review on the prevalence, risk factors of meibomian gland dysfunction. It is part of the international workshop on meibomian gland dysfunction organised by Tear Film and ocular surface so...
Transglutaminase 2 in cell adhesion and migration
- This is a fascinating story about how transglutaminase is indispensable for normal cell adherence to the underlying substrate and normal movement. The evidence is presented for cell cultures as wel...
mir215 in fibrosis and pterygium
- describes how mir215 affect a target transcript which affects fibrosis
Manage the ocular surface before cataract surgery
- Cataract surgery is the most common ophthalmic surgery in the world. For best results, a good tear film is necessary both pre and post operatively. We review the steps that doctors can use to asses...
Consensus report: how to diagnose dry eye
- Since there are many diagnostic devices available and many different dry eye questionnaires, there is no consensus for diagnosing dry eye. Here we arrive at the recommendation of 1. Screening for ...
Managing Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) : 3 Techniques
- Which are the techniques provide better results in managing MGD?
A rat model of autoimmune dry eye has been developed.
- This model of autoimmune dry eye can be used to evaluate drugs that target the T cells.
long intergenic non coding RNA and pterygium
- Pterygium is a common ocular surface disease with abnormal fibroblast function. We show how we functionally screen for important lincRNA that affects pterygial fibroblasts.
How TG2 protein is inolved in adherence of cells
- Previously, we reported that the multifunctional TG2 plays an important role in recruitment of adhesion proteins for cells to adhere and migrate. Here we report the exact moleculer mechanism on how...