Think outside: positive risk-taking with people living with dementia
- This article highlights evaluation of the Dementia Adventure holidays provided in 2016 and draws on the authors personal experience of leading Dementia Adventure since 2009. It is a practical posit...
Connections with nature for people living with dementia
- An up to date review of the myriad ways in which people living with dementia can connect with nature.
Green Exercise and Dementia
- A chapter in this wonderful book by Jo Barton and the team from the University of Essex. A chapter about exercise outdoors and it's opportunities for people living with dementia.
Getting out and about in the British Countryside: Dementia Adventure
- Nature-based adventures from park walks to sailing adventures with people living with dementia.
Living with dementia through the changing seasons
- A chapter in this wonderful resource reflecting on the connections between living with dementia, activity outdoors and the changing seasons in Britain.
Have you been down to the woods today?
- This paper was written to share the key findings of the Wandering in the Woods action research project conducted by Dementia Adventure. Practical implications for changing practices in the dementi...
It's a walk in the park.
- This article explores the benefits of green exercise and open spaces for people living with dementia. These benefits are set within the existing general evidence base concerning well-being and con...