What is it about?
GENETIC EVENTS IN CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIA Aurelian Udristioiu, Molecular Biology, Medicine Faculty, Titu Maiorescu University, Bucharest, Romania, E- mai; : firstname.lastname@example.org ABSTRACT Aim of this study is to present the latest researches in the field of molecular medicine, in terms of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL), emerged from the P53 gene deletion in human lymphoma genome. Method In recent years proved that the best technique in the investigation of malignant lymphocytes is the Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). This method is used as an alternative to chromosomal banding, a conventional application in molecular medicine. Previous results: In the literature it was registered, in previous years, on an international study, conducted on 109 cases of CLL, 79 cases (72.5%) who had more genetic abnormalities: the remaining 30 cases (27.5%) had normal results, using FISH technology. The majority of patients, 67% (53.79) had a single anomaly and the remaining 33% had two or three genetic abnormalities. The chromosomes 14q32 /17p translocations in LLC genome, which appeared similar to some common, had demonstrated abnormalities involving IGH gene, located on chromosome14q32. Discussion Recent, endogenous somatic gene therapy research is a basic of trial clinical and therapeutic trial. The DNA, is used to treat a disease arising as a result of mutations in chromosomal regions. In the past few years, this method has been included in the treatment of CLL, acute lymphocytic leukemia, [ALL], or multiple myeloma [MM]. Conclusion The frequencies of P53 gene mutations and deletion in CLL can be categorized as individual biomarkers in proteomic and genomic profile for this type of leukemia that can be implemented in targeted patient treatment of personalized medicine. Keywords: P-53 Gene, Lymphocytic Leukemia, Apoptosis, Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization
Photo by JC Gellidon on Unsplash
Why is it important?
The studies of genotypic and phenotypic chromosomes aberrations by FISH method allow the identification of differential diagnosis at patients with CCL. The frequencies of gene mutations, deletions or translocations of P53, in CLL, can be classified as biomarkers of individual proteomic and genomic profile for this type of leukemia. Identification of P53 gene deletions and mutations in regions of chromosome 17 in hematological malignancies is important because these mutations have an impact on the clinical management of patients and requires an attitude adjustment therapeutic adequate in a personalized medicine. Personalized treatments will be applied by combining diagnostic tools, knowledge databases and therapeutic drugs.
Read the Original
This page is a summary of: Role of P53 gene in oncogenenesis of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Frontiers in Neurology, January 2016, Frontiers, DOI: 10.3389/conf.fneur.2016.59.00101.
You can read the full text:
chronic lymphocytic leukemia, p-53 protein, apoptosis, ZAP-70, CD38 receptor.
Author agreement Short presentation of the project, mentioning the proposed targets to be achieved by implementing the project In recent years, the technique of gene analysis, chromosome rearrangement, cross reactivity, or multiplication in the human genome affected by a variety of genetic diseases has been used. It has been demonstrated that the best techniques for investigating malignant lymphocytes are flow cytometry and in situ hybridization fluorescence (FISH). The latter method, FISH, is used as an alternative to chromosomal bandage, a conventional application in molecular medicine and can detect gene deletions, chromosomal and complex rearrangements of various genes in malignant diseases such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), acute lymphocytic leukemia) or multiple myeloma (MM). In particular, the identification of P53 gene deletions and mutations in chromosome 17 regions in hematological malignancies is important because these genetic events have an impact on the clinical management of patients. Completing personal research using the FISH molecular technique could contribute to a new breakthrough in treating cancer, especially in CLL, the most common form of adult leukemia. Identifying different mutations is important because these mutations have an impact on patients' clinical course and require an appropriate adjustment of the therapeutic attitude. High concentrations of anaerobic ATP may affect CLL apoptosis. Further studies are needed to detect in patients with high concentrations of ATP mutations or translocations deletions of the p53 gene using complex molecular technologies to discover the complete mechanism in the carcinogenesis process (Udriştioiu A, Florescu C, Popescu AM, Cojocaru M. High concentration of anaerobic ATP involved in aborted apoptosis from CLL, Lab. Med 41: 2010: 203-8). Current state of the research topic In the country, Romania The application of ELISA and FISH technology in highly specialized laboratories from research institutions funded by European programs in cases of malignant patients resistant to conventional classical therapy, chemotherapy has not been published in scientific papers in the country. The subsequent recently published the significance of p-53 proteins in triggering malignant hematopoiesis, (Udristioiu Aurelian, Nica-Badea Delia. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. Significance of protein p-53 isoforms and immune therapeutic success in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Volume 106, October 2018, pages 50-53; Indexing in the PubMed Web of Science (WOS). In abroad: In international studies. expression of unchanged immunoglobulin heavy chain variable (IGHV) genes, ZAP-70 proteins, CD38 receptor, and chromosomal anomalies such as 17p deletions have been associated with poor prognosis for non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. In addition, mutations in tumor suppressor genes, such as P-53 and ATM, have been associated with resistance to conventional chemotherapeutic agents. Modifications of micro-RNA expression and aberrant methylation patterns in genes that are specifically deregulated in CLL, including the BCL-2, TCL1 and ZAP-70 genes, have also been encountered and related to distinguished clinical parameters. Specific chromosomal abnormalities and genetic mutations can serve as diagnostic and prognostic indicators for disease progression and survival. The effectiveness of new therapists should be tested for the presence of these molecular lesions in CLL patients. P53 mutations are the most common genetic abnormalities of cancer. They have been extensively studied in various mature B cell malignancies, including CLL. In recent years, more attention has been paid to the importance of the p53expressed protein in CLL, and a combination with low survival and non-response to classical conventional chemotherapy and radiotherapy therapy has been observed in a number of cases of CLL with the p-53 protein mutant or absence as a consequence of P-53 gene deletion. -Aurelian Udristioiu, M.D, Primary Physician Laboratory Medicine, City Targu Jiu, -Romania. -National Academy of Biochemical Chemistry NACB/AACC Member, Washington D.C, USA -PhD in Molecular Biology, Titu Maiorescu University, General Medicine Faculty, Bucharest, Romania. -Man of medical year/2015, Award, International Bibliographic Center, Cambridge, UK. -Aurelian Udristioiu, Certificate as Award Academic, IBC, International Bibliographic Centre, Cambridge, UK, 2017. -” Marquis Who's Who” Lifetime /2018, 300 Connell Drive, Suite 2000, Berkeley Heights, N0: 07922 USA1-908-673-1000 , www.marquiswhoswho.com -Membership of Cancer Epigenetics Society. Membership ID number is: 786. Web: https://ces.b2sg.org/, Union for International Cancer C
The following have contributed to this page